Monday, July 22, 2013

Reflection on "Bully" the movie



The movie we watched in class was a documentary of teenagers getting bullied in America. The documentary was really hard to watch its frustrating to me that kids aren't safe in our schools. There was several kids that cameramen  followed to school filming all the brutal things that other kids did to them.

Starting from waiting for the school bus to arrive to the end of school. The part that frustrated me the most was the faculty of these schools wouldn't do much to stop these bullies at school. the faculty started cracking down on bullies till a teenager had to take his life because he would get bullied on a daily basis. You can find this documentary on http://www.thebullyproject.com/ .

This movie made me feel angry upset and sympathetic for all the kids that get bullied at school. This movie had a huge effect on me because I work with kids and I see this happening a lot and I do my best to try and stop it from happening, but I didn't realize that it can lead to a child taking their life over getting bullied. Our school boards should have more counselors and more faculty going around talking to students to making sure they aren't getting bullied and their stay at school is a fun learning environment.

I feel that faculty should crack down on bullying and make the consequences for students that are bullying more extreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment