Tuesday, July 16, 2013

stress and psychological health

The three defense mechanisms I relate myself the most is Denial, Substitution, and Humor.

Denial- In my life I feel like I am in denial a lot for instance when I go out with friends. Most of them aren't single and I see them cheating on their girlfriends. I know that the right thing is to tell their girlfriends but I don't want to break a relationship up and don't want to lose a friend.

Substitution- I tend to use this defense mechanism a lot because I'm discouraged to meet the goals that are more important to me. The little goals In my head I think its going to be easier to complete/succeed.

Humor- I fall in this defense mechanism a lot because I am always laughing and looking for something to amuse me, but I need to know when its the time and place for humor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment